Friday 24 April 2015

paper dilemma

The linocut block is on the right,on the previous blogpost, the paper on the left is chip shop paper...
i.e. newsprint without the print....which does yellow quickly but is very useful short term.

I need to know what paper I'm using for printing, when selling.
However I need sales before I can afford better paper.....

The matt comes precut A4 to the art/craft/stationery supplies shop in Ayr, 240 gsm. Annoyingly they had no matt this time, so I'm back to 190gsm smooth, which I have in stock...so no need to buy more.
I want to back our local supplies shop (12 miles away), as Glasgow (45 miles away) Castle Douglas (50 miles) or online are the options.

2 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I don't like paper that turns yellow. For some reason that is my least favourite sort of cheaper paper. And, as you say, sales are necessary first...

gz said...

agreed Jenny- so this is only used for a trial, or a block cleanse or rough work.
Not for sales