Thursday 14 December 2017

getting festive



Its miserable...dreich...outside..we've been inside, writing cards..today's job was stock up on  food supplies and post cards..

We went by bus to Ayr, saving fuel and driving stress!

A simple lunch out , then hunting for The Right...Postable Presents!!

The quote comes to mind,"genius is one percent inspiration, ninetynine percent desperation"

Back home to more card writing..staying connected to friends and family in a traditional way as well as on fb and email!  Remembering just another...and just another...and then there are half a dozen December and January birthdays!!

We're really missing going to New Zealand ...our creaky bits are hurting and my hands are giving me concern. I'm exercising and stretching them every day,but the fear is that I'll get my workshop back running and not be able to work in clay...

6 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Yes, do take care of your hands. And elbows. And neck. Oh, heck, look out for your knees, too. Happy Christmas to you.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Seems to have got beyond dreich this week ; getting up before it's light has never been less appealing. Do those machines that make an early cup of tea still exist ?

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Good Heavens ! I've just seen how much a Teasmaid costs .
I'll just have to carry on getting up and doing it myself.

Anvilcloud said...

Tis the festive season but I get being indoors. I had thought maybe to get out early this morning to take some photos. but it's cold, and I chickened out.

Elderberry-Rob said...

hope your hands will be ok, knitting is supposed to be good, I plan to have another crack at it for the same reason, aches, pains and very stiff thumb joints!

gz said...

I'm giving taking Evening Primrose Oil a try...fingers crossed !!