Friday 30 August 2013

gardening

It is lovely to see all my fellow bloggers gardens doing well. We are envious!!

We do have the use of a 6 foot by 8 foot greenhouse, which has been keeping us in salad leaves and is promising a good harvest of carrots, a few beetroot, some chillis and cayenne peppers and a load of cucumbers...we'll start earlier next year!

We will have a deep bed made from two stacked wooden single beds (from Heals in the 1920s I think!) all we need is soil.....

I have some plants that need moving from South Wales, being looked after on a fellow allotmenteer's patch.  We never seem to come down with space to take plants back!!

It takes my mind off a health niggle that the Pirate has....I'm not allowed to worry, but I do.   So we hold breath until a week Wednesday, and meanwhile prepare for the European Masters Track Championships on Newport Velodrome in Wales.  So far so good.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

It's exciting, though, planning a new garden in a new place. Hope the news is good xxx

Joanne Noragon said...

The very best wishes for a successful Velodrome meet. I can't even imagine and hope to see pictures.