Tuesday 19 June 2018

etsy shop ..Middle Road print





This is the print that I've tried on Fabbriano Uno paper that is 50% cotton fibre.
It is a cold press paper,as opposed to hot press..so a softer more textured surface.

There are three roads leading towards Girvan, this Middle Road goes directly from Maybole to Girvan.
Its a view I've seen many times on a cycle ride.

I've been changing prices on Etsy, some up and some down, reviewing the whole range including things not on there already.
I'm thinking of small prints, gift tags , notebooks... things easy enough to make and print.

A3 prints ( about 30 cm x 40 cm ) do present a problem.Not in packing,as the post office sell a nice wee box which 4.8 x 4.8 x 31.5 cm...but the problem is how this will be classified by the post office. If its a "medium parcel" it will be over £4 to send, and to Australasia over £5....even though this package with an A3 print in is under 100gm.  This calls for a visit to our best local post office in Prestwick.
Stand-alone post offices are few and far between here, and are worth supporting.

Now lets hope for a few sales, even if just on those I've reduced in price!!

I'm looking forward to getting the new small prints in the shop..with the cards and envelopes at £4, the small prints could be £2.50....

6 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I love this print. I love the jurisdiction. I love the road crew. I will do most anything to keep the lines out of a picture, and wondered what you were up to when you showed this. Whoever put up these lines apparently took them across the road to save the tree. I just got it! I've seen this done in Wisconsin. It's such a statement! Will this be cards, or a print? How soon in Etsy?

gz said...

The print is there now, Joanne...goes to check on another tab just in case...yes it is!

Cro Magnon said...

I love the spontaneity of the first drawing, as well as the finished print. Nice job.

Sandy Miller said...

Just lovely! Peaceful .......

deanna said...

This piece is wonderful. I've ordered cards with the Leaning Tree and am excited to receive them!

gz said...

Deanna your card has been posted! Conversation sent on etsy