Thursday 19 May 2022

Constructive

 




The workshop construction progresses..slabs down and mortared, wood cut to size and painted..now drying.
The bean sticks are up and runner beans planted..now it really looks like a garden!!
The garlic and shallots are growing well, better than the onions.
I have sown seeds, carrots, radish and beetroot.

Our neighbour opposite is back home but on end of life care...stage four cancer but at least pain free with no meds. 
He asked for me to make a bread pudding. These days I won't use the oven for one or two items...so I baked a batch!! I used a couple of wartime recipes. Quite apt for the times we are in, with 9% and rising inflation and supply problems......

8 comments:

Zhoen said...

Bread pudding sounds wonderful. Comforting and filling.

We are not missing our gas oven. The small electric toaster/convection oven is efficient and sufficient.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good idea. But what are the little white things on the blue board, background of cooked goodies, which says "Stay Cool?"

Joanne Noragon said...

Inflation certainly is out of hand; compounding weekly. Your greenhouse is lovely.

Susan Heather said...

Looking good.

gz said...

Barbara they are penguins on the cool bag

Joanne thankyou..there is an issue with slugs, but I am managing to get enough past the seedling stage!

Jenny Woolf said...

I made a bread and butter pudding yesterday. It wasn't as good as usual cause I used white sourdough, I think ordinary white bread is better. Yours look much nicer!!!!!

Amy said...

I feel for your neighbour, I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone

Marjorie said...

I enjoy reading your blog. Thank you.