Thursday 2 June 2022

Friends


 This morning we bought more wood....

Then friends came for lunch, one we haven't seen her for months, and she came from her work at the local hospital, on her bike. The other was coming to give us a hand with construction.

After lunch she headed home and the rest of us went over to mend a neighbour's sheds where the roofing felt was letting in water.

It had only been stapled on!! A few roofing nails later and some black sticky sealant and the job was done.

She came over the road with her handy Zimmer frame...wheels, brakes, box with a seat...for a cuppa with us and it was grand to sit chatting with her, and Pirate and Fife friend got to work.




By suppertime they had the sides in...two old doors each side...

While they carried on, after our neighbour had returned home, I cleared a deep bed and planted out the peas...and in the greenhouse the sunflowers have germinated in under three days. Out in the garden the carrots are just up after three weeks!!

Hopefully bike ride tomorrow and more gardening and construction.

9 comments:

Debby said...

It's a very satisfying to watch something from a picture in your head turn into a building before your very eyes.

Joanne Noragon said...

:)

The Weaver of Grass said...

Your neighbour's maxhine sounds like my Priscilla - invaluable - I would be totally housebound without her.

smartcat said...

((o))

Amy said...

at first I thought you meant you bought firewood but then I realized you're going into Summer there.

Elderberry-Rob said...

wish you could fix my shed - rats have eaten holes in the floor, the door won't shut and the window fell out yesterday! yet the roof is secure - may have to pull it down but it's a great support for my climbing creeper and ivy which are food and home to moths :)

Steve Reed said...

What ever became of the lupines you grew from the seeds I sent? Did any of them get big enough to bloom? I planted some sunflowers too. I think only three or four of them came up, but that's fine -- I don't have room for many more than that!

gz said...

Steve they are getting there..several mishaps and weather means they haven't flowered yet! But they are now coming along. I am making sure they get some tlc now!!
I think I still have some more of the Beefeater seeds so they will be going in!!

Steve Reed said...

OK, good to know! I really hope they bloom for you. Looking forward to hearing about whatever happens!