Thursday 20 August 2020

Storm Ellen

 It is blowing a hoolie outside as it has been since yesterday evening. Thankfully the rain has stopped for a while.

Yesterday late afternoon we took a gentle ride on both the new steeds. Pirate's Alan now has fewer teething problems...literally..one less link in the chain means that it is moving from cog to cog ok. Mine needs a lower gear, but apart from that rides well. How did I manage to ride clubruns in the New Forest on that size gear 50 years ago?!

It is at present having the chainring changed for one two teeth smaller!

We are sticking indoors so far. Most things have been successfully covered/stored/tied down... hopefully!!

Ebaying bike bits carries on steadily, despite the time it takes to get just right.

Just for a change I sorted and packed some Aquilegia seeds. We will see next year if they are viable.



7 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

No such weather here, just come in for a cool drink! Been gardening and saving seeds too, foxglove, aquilegia, campion and knapweed.
Mage bramble jam last night, after it taking ages to reach setting point, I suspect it is now solid jelly! Right, best get back out, the garden had gone feral while I've been away!

Susan Heather said...

Supposed to be showery here but fine so far. Keeping an eye out as washing nearly dry.

Zhoen said...

I love Columbine, but they don't like my plot of earth. I've tried several times, from seed and plantings.

Enjoy your weather. We only got spat upon here. It'll be weeks before we get any proper rain.

Catalyst said...

I would have had to Google most of your blog for explanations today but I settled for "blowing a hoolie!" That's a great expression that I'd never heard before but when I told SWMBO, she said "we have a lot of hoolies in Prescott Valley." And she's right! Thanks for adding to my vocabulary.

Amy said...

You both must be very fit people, I'd like to see flowers of the Aquilegia when it blooms.

Steve Reed said...

"Blowing a hoolie" -- that's a great expression! It's doing that here, too. I never thought of trying to grow aquilegia from seeds, but maybe I'll gather some too!

gz said...

Steve you would be lucky to get the same flower from the seed, they cross easily. But they are beautiful so it is fun seeing what turns up!!