Sunday 27 December 2020

Bella

The order of the day yesterday was indoor jobs, so I started on my study...it got to the point where it looks worse than when I started!  Now it is reasonable but still needs more work.....

 At least the printing table is usable, and the big table ok for drawing or sorting and photographing items for sale.

We had a heavy hailshower at 1.30 am....we woke wondering why, then a minute later it came down!! Then again seven hours later followed by big fluffy snow flakes.



It didn't fall for long, but it is still snow showering. The ground on the back lawn is sodden so the snow is melting there straight away.

The bird feeders hang from the guttering of the small shed by the back door..meaning the food stays dry and we get to see the birds! Mainly sparrows and starlings here.

On our walk we saw wrens, chaffinches, bluetits and robins..as well as rooms and crows and a couple of buzzards. I miss seeing a variety of birds in our garden, but at least we do see them when travelling. On my last trip to the post office I took the smaller road back,in the car, and passed a kestrel, a sparrowhawk and a buzzard, with about half a mile between each one perched on telegraph poles.

Now it is time for coffee and dark chocolate, while Pirate fields another phone call from a friend! Communication has been good, with 91st birthday greetings sent to his coach in Noosa!

Hopefully we will catch a break in the weather for a lunchtime walk... meanwhile Shaun the Sheep is on TV!!

5 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Our day has revolved around the weather - heavy rain over night then showers of rain, hail and snow - so we have resorted to eat our way through the chrimbly left overs, read books and sew/blog. I think I can only take this being stuck indoors lark for a bit longer then I shall start to go stir crazy!

Debby said...

Oh dear. I am embarrassed to say that I've never heard of Shaun the Sheep. It looks quite funny. My grandson would get a kick out of it.

Steve Reed said...

Yikes! We got rain and wind but fortunately no hail or snow! I think snow may be coming tomorrow, though.

Joanne Noragon said...

You're had a deal of winter so far, and it's not half over.

gz said...

Debby we all love Wallace and Grommit...well, anything by Nick Park and Aardmann Animation