Monday 18 January 2021

Days off..sort of!

 Yesterday was the snooker final on TV..all afternoon...and until very late! ( I lasted until 10.30!!)

Pirate was transfixed for much of the time! The Wishaw Wizard against Yan, the new boy on the block.. memories of the young Steve Davies.....nip and tuck until the end, when the final was won by Yan,  but both DESERVED to win !!

I pottered about, tidying this and that corner,  making the house feel easier. With so much going on, it will never be all tidy, but certain working areas need to be uncluttered.

A few more bits were clean enough to go on eBay, and it is nice that today a fellow seller has given me more information about one pair of hubs that I am selling.  

There are good people out there...not just the ones who want to squeeze your prices right down when what you are asking is already reasonable.


After packing last night's sales, today was an expedition to the post office in Mauchline and a shop and cafe by there, run by an organic dairy just outside the village. They live in the farm that Rabbie Burns moved to in 1786 (I think).

It is good to back a local venture. Sourdough bread from another small company, home baked cake, eggs from another farm from near Mauchline and veggies from a grower further north. No cheese there...yet! They are planning to produce yoghurt soon. I was glad to be able to tell them that theirs is the best milk that I have found for making yoghurt.

I had hoped to get everything there in Mauchline, but it did make a large dent in the list that otherwise would come from a larger shop....I feel happier shopping there than our other local bigger town where mask wearing and giving others space is a bit sketchy.

We saw some beautiful skies on our way home. There is one place that I think I could sit all day with a camera and a drawing pad and watch the changes.

All packed away....and did I do any more linocutting? No!! Shopping takes it out of you.

Watched some factual and history programmes on the tv...and minimal "news" !!

3 comments:

Debby said...

Wise idea, that minimal news thing. It's an anxious time. Here snooker is a card game. Is that what your husband was watching on television?

gz said...

No Debbie, it's sort of like pool...would you call it billiards? Just a much bigger table and more colours....

Catalyst said...

I grew up playing snooker in our small pool hall in North Dakota but that was many decades ago.