Tuesday 18 January 2022

Back on the bike

 We went to Dalrymple by car today,as I had a parcel to post.

Then off on the bikes, for me the first time this year! We met up with three others for a gentle ride...it wasn't so gentle for me!! However I rode up the hills, and we didn't go up any huge ones!

Over to Straiton then down the Girvan valley as far as Dalry . By then after about twelve miles my legs had that rubbery feeling every time we saw a hill...even a small one!! We crossed to the other side of the valley there and at last had a tailwind as we headed for Maybole and lunch in a café.  I was very glad that although we had four miles left to go, there was only one hill to climb...and not a huge one either.

We both need to ride more and walk more...but I think having nearly a whole day out at the moment is a luxury!!  Things are beginning to move on the workshop front and I am steadily decluttering and selling.  Pirate is sorting bike stuff...and it is happening quicker than previous times. The aim is to be able to do what we want and need without spending time moving other things...to go straight to a job or occupation with no fuss or waste.

A Dream? Maybe..but it is a relief as it gradually begins to happen!!

7 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Always good to have something to aim for - good luck with it.

kjsutcliffe said...

Oh I know that rubbery knee feel - my boys call it jelly legs! Well done - I know I couldn't have done it x

Amy said...

It's good to get out once in a while and do things we enjoy, certainly makes a change from the constant work and housework etc.

Jenny Woolf said...

I'm going to read back thru your blog and see what your secret is that enables you to actually really declutter instead of just planning to declutter, like me. I know how to do it in theory but I get bogged down trying to sort it out. I am halfway throuh trying to sort out loads of old negatives from the years we used 35mm film. I swear they seem to be multiplying. there are negatives everywhere now. Good you have got in a bike ride and hope you will enjoy many more in the coming weeks. I'm definitely not in your league with teh cycling but trying to do a short ride every day just to keep in shape - there are some steep hills nearby. I know it is doing me good which is a lovely feeling.

gz said...

Jenny I think the secret must be knowing everywhere needs doing...but just do one room, and even just a section of one room

Sandy said...

Hope you're not sore tomorrow, but you might be. I've been enjoying riding a bit here, but things are flat so it's not as strenuous, still good though to be outside and to move. Glad you had such a good day,and keep up the good work.

gz said...

Surprisingly not sore, but a bit tired!