Monday 3 January 2022

Decluttering!!

 We have both been decluttering this afternoon!

I started this morning while Pirate went for a walk to check on the dippers and wrens that he sees regularly. My exercise was going up and down stairs!

 Both living room and bedroom look slightly better, but one corner of my study has the eBay and Etsy stock boxes in a stack!! 

The greetings cards are down and the wall decoration changed! There is more to do yet. But it is now dark outside and we have had enough!!



It has been raining most of today, so I had little incentive to go out. Apart from forays to  put out paper and plastic for recycling.

We are considering going to a local small private gym.... getting back to the sort of exercise we used to do. However with Covid cases rising fast, those plans are on hold.  Just do what we can at home and keep walking and cycling is the best plan I think. If nothing else, that costs nothing!!

7 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Us too!
It feels so cathartic (besides the actual tidy up was triggered by a clothes moth or two suddenly appearing...grrrr)
Any hoo - the bedroom looks so much better and less cluttered, books are neatly stacked rather than slumped, chrimbly decorations are away and lots of washing done.
Feel quite virtuous (knackered)this evening! 😁

Claudia MacPhee said...

I received your comment about my blog Paintedbyfire. Unfortunately I have been unable to access it for a couple of years. Blogger is driving me mad!! Yes, I am still doing all the same old stuff-and still loving it. Lost my school gig because of covid restrictions but managed to fill my time easily enough! Hope all is well with you and see that you've kept your blog up. I need to spend some time to catch up on your activities! I am active on Facebook so if you are on that give me a shout!!

Catalyst said...

My gosh, with all of your walking and cycling, when would you ever have time to go to a gym. BTW, I liked a meme I saw on Facebook today that said something like: I'm opening a gym but after the first two weeks it will turn into a wine bar for the rest of the year.

gz said...

Claudia, see you over there! I hope you will be able to get back to blogging too.

The bike shed said...

I love good declutter and a sort - the most cathartic thing ever. Honestly, I reckon it's the best cure for stress I know. Strange how we want so much stuff and then feel better when half of it has gone.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Checking on dippers and wrens seems about as perfect a way to spend time as I can imagine!

Steve Reed said...

I decluttered some today too! It's a good activity when the weather's not cooperating.