Friday 8 April 2022

History

 Covid is now gone...we now have a positively negative Pirate!!

We are both slowly decluttering and getting the house tidier..but every time you attack a new corner, it looks a mess again, even if temporarily!!


For light relief I am doing a session on a certain genealogy website.

I am making good progress, but one thing that doesn't help is the inaccurate transcribing...What appear to be different versions of a name are simply where the wrong letters have been put on the website...when you look at the actual document, it is as it should be....Possee....but we have Posce, Pose, Posse, Possee.....

I am just looking at Jemima Pott...or is it Potts....Jemmima or Jemma? With the latter the original writer has inserted an i in the correct place...but on the website?..Jemma.


I am looking forward to meeting more of both Possee's and Epps on our upcoming visit...filling a few more gaps. Hopefully!!

7 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Pleased to hear he is finally negative.

Elderberry-Rob said...

I have been meaning to join up for some geneology for some time, my blogging buddy Vix even started me off with a bit of investigation on my grandparents it just seems a bit overwhelming and, as you say, spelling can be confusing and throw us off in the wrong direction. Good luck with your project.

gz said...

Betty you can access genealogy websites for free through your local library....I haven't as our local village one is too small and hasn't been open either of late. Also last time I looked all the county libraries were using IE...which is out of date and means you can't access many websites properly

Debby said...

I am glad that the plague has departed your place.

Zhoen said...

Creative spelling as a hobby?

Oh, and tried the wool blanket under the sheet. We like it, thank you.

gz said...

Good to hear it Zhoen

Amy said...

I'm glad to hear it's passed, I'm still trying to get rid of the pesky cough it's left me with.