Monday 24 October 2022

Down day

 We had our jags yesterday evening at the local community centre...flu in one arm and the new double covid Jag in the other. I wanted them both in the arm I don't sleep on, but they need to know if you have a reaction, which one is causing it!   So far so good anyway. A little tenderness, but that is to be expected.

We are so fortunate in Scotland that we just have to wait for our blue envelope, instead of chasing appointments.

So today is a down day...late up after a cuppa in bed, and take it easy all day.

The fleabay bookwork needs bringing up to date..just a couple of sales to go in the accounts book. And the study needs its tidying finished before a friend comes to stay on Wednesday.

There is no incentive to get busy in the garden anyway, it is chill and damp...forecast overcast all day and heavy rain by tonight. I have sorted the best of the garlic cloves to plant now for next year's crop.


Now to make lunch and carry on with some light kitchen re-arrangement.

The aim is to have plates, tools and food in easily accessible and sensible places!! Not easy in something that is a glorified galley kitchen/utility room/larder all in one...

5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

No matter how I try to organize the small kitchen in my apartment, there are things left out that beg for being put away somewhere. I just stack them or push them against the back of the counters. Glad you're just feeling sore from the vaccinations. If they keep you healthy-(er) they are worth it.

Steve Reed said...

I've never heard them called "jags" -- in fact I thought you'd made a typo until I saw you use the word again!

gz said...

Steve that's what they are called in Scotland..

Amy said...

I keep thinking I need to do the same but forget about it.

Steve Reed said...

I did not know that! You learn something new every day, as they say.