Thursday 27 October 2011

busy again!

My back has eased quite a bit and I've been busy again. Before you say anything I'll be receiving treatment this weekend!!

Gardening work is developing steadily, and there is a possibility of the use of a different workshop in a beautiful location, with friends.
There might be another garden to tend as well, things are looking up.

So much to think about whilst my computer access has been limited!!

The weather has definitely turned autumnal, the past few mornings have been damp and misty after chilly nights. Tender plants are coming to an end, and bushes are being tidied.

Today I've almost finished packing a glaze kiln, just a few corners to fill before firing early next week. I've just done one craft and gift fair in a village near Raglan, plenty more Farmers Marts and Christmas Craft Fairs are looming!!

6 comments:

Zhoen said...

My commiserations on your back. Take extra care, as a potter, you need it working.

Gardeningbren said...

I will be anxious to see what comes out of the next firing.

Sounds exciting..new garden? that got my attention!

Good luck at the fairs and for the firing.

Relatively Retiring said...

Sounds as if autumn is a time of real fruitfulness. All good wishes for the back.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

looming indeed!

yeractual said...

Hi Gwynneth, all sounds okay, save for the back. Hopefully it will recover soon, though gardening can be taxing on that one, I'd say. Good to hear you have another gardening job in the pipeline too. Good luck with it all, and the Xmas markets and fairs to come.

Sandy Miller said...

Good to hear! Good to be busy.

This morning we had our first hard frost.......time to dig the composted leaves into the garden but when.......

Leaving for a show in 6 days and too much too do!!
no time to blog either.......

take care of self GZ :)