Monday 6 July 2015

Yet more festival...

 The Cup Sale, for funds for 2017....
 This was my contribution....an honest salt glazed cup....it sold!!



In the Great Hall
 Naidee Changmoh
 Volunteers to add the hair on the Buddha
 offerings on the piazza kiln....which has found a new home, thankfully!

 and pots
 The Scrap kiln, the morning after...
 and the work installed


 The red shirted helpers doing sterling work...a great experience for them
 Lisa Hammond working in the Great Hall

 Guests' Exhibition...a selection....
Thiebault Chague
 Joe Finch
 Lisa Hammond
 Rita Gudino

 Tony Clennell
 Jim Robison, one of the event's two Master of Ceremonies
So much....and so much more.....meeting bloggers for real instead of online,
seeing older pots "in the clay" rather than in photos.   Getting together with old friends, making new.  Marvelous food...
Being spoilt for choice between Hall demonstrations, theatre and cinema talks and four kilns outside.
Sun, wind, thunder and heavy rain....
Absorbing ideas and being inspired......and getting very, very tired!!

3 comments:

Brenda Neall said...

I'm jealous! .... I follow Tony C as well and as a result I was thinking I need to put this festival on my bucket list :) and also nice to see one of your pots. Would love to see more ... brenda

Carol said...

I have been following their posts on Facebook, and I too am envious!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the festival snippets. We usually go every other time but somehow couldn't get up the enthusiasm to go this year. Maybe in two years time...