Monday 19 November 2018

Pitlochry weekend

 We were in Pitlochry for our cycling club's AGM,/get-together/ride. Unlike the freezing conditions of last year,when the Sunday run was cancelled due to ice, we had temperatures in double figures...just. Saturday went east...headwind out,tailwind back,very sensible. "was this going to be hilly?" I asked the routefinder....Oh no,just the first hill he said.....
The first hill was three miles and nearly 1000 feet of climbing...and I was off the back from go!
The Pirate found a cafe/gallery after nearly ten miles..coffee, mince pies and tailwind home!!
 On the Sunday we went out,just us two, heading West around Loch Tummel, and another coffee stop after ten miles at Tummel Bridge holiday Park.

 The old bridge, only for walkers now..and the rather unattractive new bridge. Schiehallion in the distance with her head in the clouds.


 and snowberries resplendant in the sunshine.
 looking back towards the loch from the auld brig

8 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Great photos from a lovely looking day!

Catalyst said...

You Scots are a hardy lot, that's all I can say.

Zhoen said...

Old bridges are lovely things.

Gmail sign up said...

very good. Thank you for sharing!
short life
run 3
slope game

kjsutcliffe said...

Old bridges have a grace that does not seem to be prevalent in modern designs.

Tabor said...

At first I thought you were running and I was going to ignore the post as you must live in another dimension. But since you commented on my blog and I found you were on a bicycle, I can say on on...and Scotland is a place I want to see someday! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Amy said...

The coffee and pies sound perfect after being outside in the cold.

gz said...

Greetings Tabor..and thankyou