Tuesday 12 November 2019

Garden construction



Last minute garden building...the bed nearly has all of its edging, and we have a new waterbutt..which is getting on for full after 24 hours rain...and off a not very big shed roof!
Meanwhile I sorted out our voting...brother will vote postally by proxy for us...relief! People have fought and died for the right so we should use it.
I have been sent a list by a late friend's brother, of what is left of his book collection (family and closest friends have had their choices already). We have been offered to choose books....such a difficult task. Many I have already read... choosing bedtime reading when staying at Garden Cottage sometimes took over half an hour there was so much choice!
It is two and a half years since Big Pete died...too soon...and the best I can do is think What would he think I should choose.....

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I am told my little garden at the old trailer is visited regularly by an old neighbor, who is transferring the plants to his garden. There are hundreds of bulbs; I wonder what he will do with them. I guess I'll know, come spring, by what I see blooming where. I am told he checked with the new tenants, who do not care.
Good job on a full waterbutt.

Zhoen said...

(o)

I keep thinking of a cold frame or greenhouse, and so far... yeah, I got nuthin'.

Steve Reed said...

I'm reading "The Diary of a Bookseller," in which the proprietor of a bookshop in Wigtown often winds up going through book collections left behind by those who have died. It popped to my mind right away when you mentioned your task!

gz said...

Steve I have chosen nine books...I shall cherish them all, and use them.