Saturday 21 December 2019

A good day

A good day with friends yesterday.
An hour or more on a local road, up a valley by the Whanganui river and up a hill to the gravel...and back. Good company.
A little shopping, picking up a few more squares of different patchwork material, some nice shampoo...then coffee in the I site where other friends happened to be...not their usual coffee stop!
A wander round the usual Riverside Market...how I would shop here regularly if I lived here!
Then "home"...and dash out to catch a baker before he closed for Christmas...and buy a huge Christmas cake as a gift and contribution!
I did three washes in the afternoon, catching up on a week and a half before I ran out of clean clothes! They were drying so fast on the line, all the ironing was done too...and yet someone else staying there was using the tumble dryer.....
A day topped off by supper with friends up the hill.
Perfect.

5 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I cannot understand people using a tumble dryer when not absolutely necessary.

Zhoen said...

My only requirement for Christmas is that we have food.

Amy said...

I"m not into Christmas cakes myself but I just made one for my dad.

Joanne Noragon said...

This sounds like a perfect day.

smartcat said...

((o))