Thursday 5 December 2019

Blenheim 2


 Citrus in the basket...and on the trees here in the garden.
All the citrus, especially the lemons have everything from flower buds to ripe fruit hanging.

Our friends and us...they spend five or six months of every year here and he has done for over twenty years...the garden shows the results of their work.
He has developed Parkinson's since being pushed off his bike intentionally by a motorcyclist...the injuries included a double skull fracture.  The weather here and cycling helps.

9 comments:

Bea said...

I enjoy your sketches. I can believe the aggression motorists seem to have towards cyclists. It's absolutely awful what has happened to your friend. My husband has told me of being hit with empty bottles chucked from cars as he has cycled along HWY 1.

Susan Heather said...

Not good about the Parkinsons. I hadn't thought of it being caused by an accident but should have as I gathered that my late husband's dementia was, most likely, caused by a severe hit on the head at boarding school.

kjsutcliffe said...

I miss the heady scent of citrus in bloom.
The small mindedness of some folk have repercussions for years.

smartcat said...

((o))

Steve Reed said...

Oh, for a place where citrus grows on the trees! That's horrible about your friend being pushed off his bike. I don't know what's wrong with some people.

Joanne Noragon said...

I just realized you are skipping winter in the best way. Good weather, good friends.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great photo of you and friends on steps. Sketches look great. Mmm, the smell of citrus blossom I miss from living in FL. Sorry about Parkinsons and how he was mis-treated.

Catalyst said...

Oh, it looks nice and warm there. Warm enough to go barefoot! :D

gz said...

Sometimes too hot to go barefoot, Cat!