Monday 16 December 2019

Friends

Yesterday we left Paihia and headed back South, with a stop in Hikurangi (the village that names the large geological fault) to have a look in the secondhand shop there..a veritable treasure trove!
I resisted the urge to buy for myself and bought two lovely wee jugs.
Then on to see a blogging friend in Whangarei.
Lovely to see them again and spend a little time together.
Then onwards again, by a different route, instead of rushing down route one, we turned off on the 16, as we were heading for West Auckland.
Our morning view...

In Titirangi.
Naturally this morning we visited Te Uru.










The annual Portage exhibition was on, plus another where jewellers had a chance to make large scale works
After lunch at the Turkish restaurant next to Te Uru, we went to the scenic walk and centre nearby











Talking late into the night with the friends we are staying with..he was a student lodger at my parents' home in the late 60s..he has been in NZ since 93 I think or before..and we met again in 2017 when Pirate and myself rode the Masters Games!

2 comments:

Catalyst said...

I'm curious. Are either you or the Pirate originally from New Zealand? If not, other than the beautiful scenery, what is your connection to it. That's a great museum and I love the names of the towns.

Susan Heather said...

Te Uru looks great - I hadn't heard of it. Mind you I have not been to Auckland since before Max went into care.