Monday 24 February 2020

We wanted a walk...









No explanation as to what the intent is here. The trees felled don't appear to be diseased. Lady Hunter Blair's walk was a peaceful walk up one side of the linn and back.
We then had a quick drive past where we lived eight years ago... luckily saw one old neighbour..many changes of course..and looks like our old landlady is moving in to the cottage we lived in. Well, it is a shepherd's cottage...and he is a retired shepherd...

You can just see the roof just left of centre in the first photo...the last was our view across the valley.

I don't think that we should go back again...we have literally moved on. We married in the local village, just over three miles from the cottage.  That was really the close of our time here as we no longer have lawns we cut there.

7 comments:

Zhoen said...

This is why we can't go home again. It's not just a place, but a time as well. Everything changes.

Joanne Noragon said...

I had opportunity the other day to revisit the house where I raised my daughters. At the last moment, I veered for home.

Catalyst said...

What Zhoen said.

Bea said...

Striking landscape. Weird about the trees especially, as you mentioned, given that they don't appear diseased.

Amy said...

I see there was a notice there from the Ayrshire council, my grandmother's family came from there in a little town called Dunlop.

gz said...

Further research...the new owners had checked the trees and not found any disease... but the forestry commission ordered them to tell the larches. It won't be easy and many other trees will fall as they are mixed in with the larch.
All to protect the larch monoculture plantations.

Steve Reed said...

"Mandatory and essential" forestry works...? Hmmmmm. I wonder what the deal is.

Zhoen is right. I always feel the same way when I go back to my old haunts in Florida. Theyr'e nothing like the places I remember.