Friday 6 March 2020

Glasgow Day Out

 After getting my camera checked...and confirmed as brain dead..we walked along the Clyde past all the bridges..well, most of the bridges...




 Compared the old Titan crane to a new one


 And went to the Scottish Exhibition Centre to see the Creative Crafts Show. I was so busy getting inspired...and it was busy...I didn't take any photos!!
 On our way to Kelvingrove we discovered....



 Loads of small and medium-sized workshops and businesses in a close
 Some yet to be filled
 Kelvingrove museum and gallery
 Mind blowing and informative!! We will be going there again....



 And back along Sauchihall Street...









Plenty of walking...and plenty of inspiration!!

9 comments:

Zhoen said...

That is a place with its own distinct flavour. I especially love the double door with the swoopy hand pushes that look like an extravagant mustache.

Joanne Noragon said...

And lots of pictures. I had to enlarge the next to last to see it is a wall!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
That was quite the area covered, indeed! I keep thinking I'll make a day in Glasgow for photography... but have yet to manifest it! YAM xx

Bea said...

Glasgow is one of my favorite cities. I, too, enjoyed my visit to the Kelvingrove Museum. Thanks for posting so many great photos.

Amy said...

Nice to explore old buildings and side streets, especially in a city with that much history.

Catalyst said...

What a great city to explore! Thanks. (especially for the cats)

Elderberry-Rob said...

I have never seen glasgow, i imagined it to be a grey place but your pictures show it as colourful with plenty to explore, i would like to find the hidden lane!

Shaheen said...

Ah so nice to see pictures of Glasgow, my home for many many years and taking me down memory lane - I do miss it and note the many changes in your photos. I note now it has lots of graffiti art (and vegan eateries), but when i lived there there wasn't that much (well perhaps the West End), so its nice to see. Ah the Garage is still there, we used to go to King Tuts quite a bit - not far from there. I loved Kelvingrove, often after Uni i'd go there - always something different to see. https://allotment2kitchen.blogspot.com/2009/09/old-and-new.html

If you ever get the change, please also check out the People's Palace
https://allotment2kitchen.blogspot.com/2010/02/day-in-pictures.html

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Byres Road! When I was little there was a wonderful German bakery at the top and I used to peer in the window with longing.
And no, Glasgow's not grey but a soft rose pink.