Thursday 2 July 2020

Bike bits

More bike bits sold, so this morning's exercise, shopping, posting run was on our bikes, making the most of a bit of sun.
Then off to see a fellow seller's shop, where Pirate spent the sales money..and a little more..buying a 1980s aluminium Allen Cyclo-cross frame, like one he used to race on...his early birthday present!!
He has most of the kit needed to build it up as a complete bike and it will be his forest roads and bike tracks bike. All part of our aim to get off road more.
Back to cleaning and pricing and listing more bike bits!
A bit of cash, bikes we need and more space in the shed and bike room!

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I imagine you're much better at this selling thing than I am. Every time I try to sell something online I lose money! (I've probably told you this already -- I've been complaining about it a lot lately. LOL)

Joanne Noragon said...

Good job.

Avus said...

Sounds fun! Good to have a clearout and get some dosh at the same time.

I'll bet you are both looking forward to doing some rough stuff.

gz said...

Steve the key is don't go down the auction route. Research whatever you are selling is when new, what the going price is, what the comparative conditions are. Then go buy it now, and don't let them set the minimum offers at half that...you set it. Then if it doesn't sell at a reasonable price, keep it or sell it elsewhere.

Avus not rough stuff! I went on a Rough Stuff Fellowship clubrun once. Just once! Forest roads and bike paths for us!!