Wednesday 11 November 2020

Keeping dry

 It has been blowing a hoolie all day today and raining most of the time as well..Pirate did venture out for some fresh air and digging in the afternoon, but having been lured out with five minutes sunshine, it promptly soaked him!!

I was indoors, keeping dry, dealing with something wet....


Nineteen bottles of apple juice from foraged apples!

On their sides to cool after processing so that the lids are sterilised as well.

Now the tops have been dipped in wax, the bottles labelled and mostly racked...and I have run out of room! 

It really is time to sort out the kitchen storage, but I have been reluctant to...I get a complaint, You've been moving things again, when I do!!

11 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Always good to have a full store cupboard.

Zhoen said...

So pretty, no doubt tastes lovely as well.

Blowing snow here, the cold coming in everywhere.

Relatively Retiring said...

What a lovely autumnal photograph. And what a result from foraging!

Steve Reed said...

The juice looks great, and no doubt tastes great as well!

Amy said...

yum, how long does the juice last?

Joanne Noragon said...

Complaints notwithstanding, kitchen storage needs sorted.

gz said...

Amy at least a year..I held a bottle of last year's pressing back until we started this year. You couldn't tell the difference. I am thinking of keeping one for two years this time just to see. I think that we have 25 litres of more, which we could easily get through in less than a year, but my storage is full!
Joanne, yes, storage must be sorted!

Lettice said...

Is it alcoholic? I just love opening my store cupboard to see rows of preserves, it fair lifts the spirits. Just made some piccalilli for the ‘boys; in Scotland. Cake/biscuit/oatcakes next, although I still haven’t perfected the right oatcake recipe. In the fridge waiting for me is dough to practice a recipe for crisp breads from excess sourdough starter. Have you made much with your leftover starter? My crumpets were awful, I did think I might have a go at Scotch pancakes next. I hate throwing anything away, bet you do too!

LX

Debby said...

Forgive my silly questions: is this an alcoholic beverage or an unfermented apple drink? Do you have a press?

Fresca said...

(o)

gz said...

It is just apple juice, not fermented. I have a juicer, and a small press.
The idea is to smash up the apples then use the press, but I am waiting for part of the smasher to arrive!