Wednesday 4 November 2020

Too busy! And bad news

 For photos..so you will have to take my word for it!

Brick building almost done, nine to mortar in. wood painted and tried..it fits! Now to wait until tomorrow and use the leftover mortar to point between paving slabs.

Loads of washing done and mostly dried, ironing all smooth...

While waiting to be useful and give a hand or opinion, I started trimming the edges of the paths where the grass was encroaching.

So no art work but still busy!

Bad news.  Our friend that we normally stay with near Oldham had a stroke..so was in hospital in Bury... expecting to move to Oldham for an op and then home.

Picked up the Sars Cov2 virus in hospital.... positive but no symptoms although the stroke had knocked the stuffing out of him. Pirate had been phoning him and he was chatting happily.. explains the lack of response to calls.

Just two years older than Pirate, we call him Our Dad as he looks after us so well.

All we can do is hope.

11 comments:

Susan Heather said...

So sorry to hear about your friend - hope he makes a speedy recovery.

kjsutcliffe said...

Difficult times for visiting friends especially those who could do with that extra support of a friendly face and and loving hug x

Steve Reed said...

Oh no! I hope your friend pulls through OK. That's scary.

Andrea Ingram said...

oh no !
Hoping for a speedy recovery for Neil.

gz said...

Andrea he isn't showing symptoms as such, but is drawn and weak. We are in contact with Tony.

Fresca said...

I keep thinking, Could this year get any worse?
And then it does--for someone.

So sorry about your friend--good he's not showing symptoms--he should come through okay then, eh? I hope!
Is he a bicyclist? They are tough, eh? :)

Hoping for good news on the political scene too. All this waiting...

mrsnesbitt said...

Well here I am back in blogland! There was an issue with my settings so I had missed all your comments so will spend a few days catching up! Dxx

Catalyst said...

I'm sad to hear of your friend's health problems. Sending good vibes for his recovery.

Amy said...

oh no I hope your friend is going to be ok.

Michèle Hastings said...

I am so sad to hear about your friend. I hope he recovers fully from the stroke and has remains symptom free with Covid-19. The nursing home my Dad is in has a covid outbreak. Nine staff and six residents are positive. :-(
So far he has tested negative.

Zhoen said...

(o)