Friday 26 November 2021

Getting a walk in

 We had a parcel to post, so went into Ayr on the bus. I needed a rest from driving! It was far too cold to go on the bike and also damp, so I didn't want the risk of sliding off the bike.

Pirate bought me a new pair of lightweight walking shoes too, as my old ones literally fell apart.  More than I wanted to spend, but they should last. Feet need to be looked after.

As we were there we took a walk to the prom and promenaded thereon! Briefly I must add, as the wind was tugging at his new hat!!





I am glad that we had a walk yesterday, as the wind is blowing up harder today and tomorrow. I don't think that we will get the snow that the Highlands and East may get.

5 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I must say the sky looks ominous here in Wensleydale but we are hoping we are just too far inland to bear the brunt of the storm, But it is still batten down the hatches. Stay safe

The bike shed said...

I always spend a lot on my walking shoes - I reckon they are the most important asset, a bit like having quality types on a bike. Worth the expense! Love that sign.

Amy said...

Very cloudy skies, I'm guessing they are typical in Scotland?

Zhoen said...

Reading about all the wind. Hold on tight.

Tasker Dunham said...

I like your walking photographs. These days I have three different pairs of walking footwear: light walking shoes for local walks when it's dry, light walking boots for longer distances in rougher country provided it's not too wet, and heavier leather boots for the tougher wet stony hilly stuff.