Thursday 17 February 2022

Mill walk

 


Lunchtime, so what do we do? Go for a walk as it was dry!! Bright sunshine....and a cuttingly cold gusty breeze.


We walked around our usual road route, taking it clockwise this time to get a tailwind up the last hill!
At Millmannoch they have cleared the lead, the  flow to the millwheel being on the left of the picture, the overflow on the right

Then looking over the road the overflow is left of picture.




Pirate found that the farmer had moved out and old seed drill... hopefully not for scrap...



We got home with only one sprinkling of hail...but I think we will get more than that tomorrow!
I am thinking of my daughter and family....in West Wales on an Amber wind alert...and from 7am, the Carpenter and family are in a Red weather alert area with possible wind strength of 90 to 200mph., As is the Oily One..and his lady lives in Cardiff Bay....

6 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

What is that blue stuff up above you while you are walking??!
We're in the amber zone - so fingers crossed that the weather is not a atrocious as promised🤞🏼

The Weaver of Grass said...

I think we are all braced for what we might get tomorrow.

Debby said...

Tim loves finding old machinery. I do too. So ingeniously simple, most of them, and I enjoy figuring out how they worked. I'm guessing a seed drill was a planter?

smartcat said...

Toes crossed that all are safe and sound. And that the hail stays away!
We are experiencing very high winds and lots of rain. I think it's much worse inland.
Three years or more later I am still so thankful we had the dead oaks by the house taken down.

Amy said...

Still good to get out of the house though, I'm surprised the cattle weren't more curious of you.

gz said...

Amy I think the cattle..and the Zwartble sheep over the lane from them..are used to seeing folk walking past. It is on the popular loop from the village