Thursday 24 February 2022

Sort of snowy

 Hello Gladys! More wind, and added snow showers..nothing is staying here, but a little higher than us there is a little lying snow.

Twenty-five miles north of us they do have fairly serious snow.

 We have been staying in, sorting Stuff...and grabbing a short weather window for a quick walk!

We were lucky late this afternoon as we saw a pair of dippers on...and in! the river.

  I have been reviewing what is on fleabay, and moving some items to Etsy, hoping that they may sell better there.

Incentive to sell better on the latter..and to make some new prints. As I can't make new pots...yet!

I have begun to look at my collection..what do I really want to keep?

A difficult job... Now I am looking at things I have collected over the years and appreciating them more!!


Perhaps I need to move the fleabay stock out to the stock shed and bring the collection in and have it on display!!

9 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Gladys?
Gladys??!
Not another one, how have I missed that there yet another storm on the way?? grrr

It can be difficult separating things that you want to keep with those who's time it is to move on. Good luck!

Barbara Rogers said...

Lovely jar. Yes, that's a great idea, which should encourage choices!

Tom Stephenson said...

My problem with eBay was trying not to sell things that I really liked. My collection of 18th century stuff would be huge now if I hadn't. I am not a collector.

gz said...

I agree Tom.
I need space...I need to appreciate things I bought... because I liked them
And don't mention books! My friends!!! For the first time in more years than I like to admit, all...well. Nearly all. Of my books are out on shelves!!

Amy said...

Yes I do think you should have your collections on display, that way you can enjoy looking at them.

Steve Reed said...

Another named storm? Gladys somehow got past me.

Yes, display the collection!

Zhoen said...

Shifting stuff from one place to another, I really have to get on with that here.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Always good to declutter, it's something I really enjoy/clears the mind :) I don't have ornaments unless they have a use, that way I don't get tempted with things that take too much space. I do like nice potter though. Difficult to sell on EBay I would think as there's the risk of breakage/cost of excessive packaging to avoid this - a garage sale might be a faster way to deal with things :)

gz said...

Betty there aren't any garage sales here at the moment, although I think that the local car boot sale has restarted. With eBay you do need patience! I do Buy it Now with a realistic minimum offer. I don't give decent things away for peanuts. I look at the going rates, selling and sold!