Tuesday 15 February 2022

Teeth!

 A busy in bits day today...rattling through the housework before going to town with Pirate. Today was Tooth Day! Our usual dentist had thought that this tooth should come out...next March..a large important molar....it was mended three years ago by a dentist in Whanganui who did a really good job..but for the past two years we think that it has been affecting his health..

This called for some hard decisions. Which meant jumping ship to a cycling friend who is a dentist. To get things done meant going private....one sick nerve and an abscess came out first..that put paid to the nagging long term earache....then a temporary filling to keep him going...and today the job was finished!   Two more nerves out, then the equivalent of Rawl plugs before the fixings to build the top of the tooth.  When you think about all the work £500+ doesn't sound too bad!   Thankfully the bike bits selling will take care of a fair chunk of that.

Lunch afterwards for me in our favourite bookshop then home via our favourite tree...which is no more..



It's one that I used for a print..I am glad that I have a record of it now.

Then home for a quiet afternoon walk around Hannahston and a relaxing evening.







Tomorrow we finish tying things down before Storm Dudley



9 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Oh my word - that tree 😮 do you think the recent winter storms we have been having blew it over? I am also battening down the hatches thanks to the next lot of storms on their way - roll on spring please!
Glad Pirate is in less pain - equally glad he did not have to wait until March!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Trees on loves are missed like old friends.

Joanne Noragon said...

So happy Pirate's teeth problem is sorted. It certainly can affect health.

Susan Heather said...

Hope that has hot Pirate's pain all sorted.

JacquieB said...

£500 for all that work is peanuts compared to prices in Devon.
Having not visited for a couple of years during covid (I assumed they would be closed. Apparently they were open right through) my dental practice consider me a new client. As such, they required an upfront payment of £93 for the 'initial' consultation.

Steve Reed said...

A shame about the tree! I'm glad the tooth situation is getting sorted out. I have a problem molar myself that gives me twinges of pain now and then -- I suspect I will eventually need some elaborate dental work.

Debby said...

I am glad that Pirate was able to get his tooth repaired. Nothing worse than an abcessed tooth. They never get better.

I have a favorite tree too, from when I was a child. It is remarkable now. One side of it is dead, the other thriving and leafed (in season, of course). Someone I know, posted a picture of it and I recognized it right away. She had referred to it as her favorite tree. I never heard anyone else claim a favorite tree. Now I know of three of us.

gz said...

Seeing the roots and the rot. The tree was ready to go.
It had grown away from the prevailing winds so was unbalanced. Probably getting a gust from a different direction was the last straw for it.

Zhoen said...

Wishing you good teeth fortune to come.

Just this week found out that tree roots do not mirror the above ground part.
https://wltreefriends.org/tree-news/how-deep-are-those-tree-roots/