Thursday 14 July 2022

Beauty

 

I picked a Reine des Violette's Bourbon rose before the wind battered it. They are so fragrant and a beautiful colour.

I am afraid that the roses are suffering this year. They should be in the ground, not in pots, but I can't decide where they should go. I want to be able to sit in the garden and see them...but the garden at the back is for food growing....and the front is too windy and cold!!  When the fences and gates go in, that will give more shelter. However the best place for them is where my car gets parked!! Unfortunately I can't change that.

Life goes on. The roofing sheets are not as strong as I had hoped. What I should have got would have been twice as costly...and I could only just afford what we got. 

Pirate has hopefully been persuaded that he is not a carpenter and should leave it to the one due to come on Tuesday....apart from anything he shouldn't be up on a stepladder.

Are any of you feeling the effects of pollen more than usual?... apparently that is happening this year..I had my eyes checked this afternoon just in case.... thankfully that is all it is...but grumbly sinuses and weepy eyes are no fun.

8 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thank goodness pollen has never bothered me.

Susan Heather said...

What a beautiful rose.

Steve Reed said...

I was having pollen trouble about a month or two ago. Not so much now.

gz said...

I think it depends on which pollen Steve..privet is coming in flower now, and oil seed rape..two bad ones for me unfortunately

Joanne Noragon said...

I've succumbed to every allergen known this year. Now the cottonwood kittens are floating past!
That rose is a structural beauty.

molly said...


Beautiful rose, and perfumed too! So many today have no scent at all. And that's my hands-down favourite shade of pink.

Debby said...

I really suffered for a time when I lived in the 'saginaw trench' which was just what it sounded like. The wind blew across the flat land surrounding it and the pollen in that valley was held in place. Trench dwellers suffered.

Zhoen said...

Ok, now you've lured me into another rose. Well, after I see if it will be happy here. Still.