Thursday 28 July 2022

While they are away...

 Pirate and our Fife friend have gone to London...a return gift from Pirate as Fife friend took him to Brisbane four years ago....

I am, therefore, having a holiday at home!!

This gives me a chance to go around clearing up all that backlog of little jobs......

Two loads of washing done, and nearly dried....we had some welcome rain today.

Two lengths of moulding varnished twice....these go on the outside corners of the workshop and are untreated wood so cannot just be left bare.

 The main job today has been making bias binding and starting to use it on hand towels made from a larger towel...one down, five to go!!






I am trying to find where my machine was made..I know it was May 1922...and it is a 15K....this might mean that it was made at Kilbowie, Glasgow.

Its first owner survived the Titanic sinking...her great granddaughter gave it to me as her daughter was not interested.


Now what shall I find to do tomorrow?!!

6 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Lovely cloths.

Susan Heather said...

Well done. It is amazing what one can get done when left on ones own!

smartcat said...

Love seeing your Singer sewing machine. I have the featherweight that probably has antique value but still extremely useful. Sewing machines last forever!

molly said...


I too like to have the house to myself occasionally. Then I can get on with what I want to do, undisturbed!

Marjorie said...

Great idea to make smaller towels from big ones. I tend to keep mine going until they are only fit for rags which the farmer loves. There is a site online you can put your Singer Serial number in and it will tell you where it was made. My oldest machine I use regularly was made in 1938 in Glasgow and she can sew anything.

molly said...


Thought I'd left a comment here but no sign. Maybe it was all in my head! I love having the house to myself to do as I please occasionally!