Friday 29 July 2022

Easy day


 The garden is really grateful for the rain it is occasionally receiving..I am hoping that the latest seed sowing will succeed. Radishes, beetroot, carrots and now at last the dwarf french beans have germinated..just hoping that the slugs and the birds don't get them!!

Today I have been steadily working on edging the hand towels...interrupted by getting into town on the bus. Our village postal collection is breakfast time...and daughter's birthday is on Monday and her husband's the following Saturday!!

Just before going for the bus I checked fleabay...I had a small sale!! That is the first for over a month. Just like most shops, my sales have really slowed down these days.

Quickly processed it....and left it on the table!!  That can go in the post tomorrow, possibly a ride over to Mauchline if the weather is good.

Now I am pinning up the binding on the last two towels and keeping an eye on the commonwealth games on the TV!

9 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I too find keeping an eye on the games is enough rather than just sitting watching

Joanne Noragon said...

A good day.

molly said...


You'd love the rain here then! We've been having regular downpours most afternoons - you could almost set your clock by them. The good thing is that it lasts at most a half hour, then here comes the sun again (with even more humidity)! But regularrain beats a hurricane any day....

Cro Magnon said...

I don't have a Veg' garden any more, but when I did I used to put 'wildlife friendly' slug pellets around everything. If I didn't I wouldn't have had any crops at all.

kjsutcliffe said...

The rain has been most welcome - my garden has certainly needed every drop.

Debby said...

I just love an unhurried but productive day.

Zhoen said...

(o)

Fresca said...

Your garden looks beautiful!

gz said...

Thankyou Fresca. It is a bit here and there and make do..and hasn't had enough attention this year..but it is doing ok!!