Monday 1 August 2022

Ayr Dauner

 





Pity the postman at the white door!



I went to Ayr by bus to post fleabay sales..and took a dauner..or wander..

I am trying to walk at least half an hour every day.


1930s style new blocks of expensive flats built on the River Ayr end of the Lang Scots Mile promenade.

Admittedly they do have a nice view..


But they contrast strongly with the rest of the locality.



And some of the old walls



Showing the effects of the sand and wind after a couple of hundred years...I wonder how those flats will look in fifty years, let alone two hundred.


Excuse me, who are you looking at?? People are so rude, interrupting cat politics....


It was a beautiful morning..until 8am...shorts were rapidly changed for trousers...going out, a jacket was added...and by mid afternoon the rain started lightly.

Now we are back to proper rain, wind and it would be tempting to put the heating on, until I think of the cost!!

9 comments:

Susan Heather said...

A lovely selection of doors. I much prefer the older buildings.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great doorways there, as well as the tuxedo clad kittie.

Joanne Noragon said...

Perhaps the postman to the white door has a secret knock.

Jessica said...

Did you know that legend says that if a red headed women walks under the remains of the turret on the short piece of the town wall still there that it will fall on them. I have two red headed cousins and when we spent holidays in Ayr they were very careful not to test this out but as I was blonde I made a point of going back and forwards.

gz said...

Perhaps, Joanne, The Postman Always Rings Twice ??

Marjorie said...

I suspect the older buildings will last longer than the new builds. I enjoyed seeing the photos and enjoy your blog. Thank you.

Amy said...

And the style of them probably goes with the rest of the architecture too

Debby said...

This post is a door-able.

Jenny Woolf said...

What I don't like about so many blocks is that they are generic, they could be absolutely anywhere.