Monday 8 August 2022

Changing ways and plant ID

 I have decided to get back properly to getting up when I wake up.

It has been too easy to lie there until the alarm at 7....or even turn it off and lie some more..

But that ends up with feeling grouchy!

So far, waking and rising has resulted in more energy and quietly getting things done before breakfast instead of in a rush afterwards.

We went to town by bus, did shopping , banking and failed to find Gutermann quilting thread...although the knitting shop has their all purpose thread. 

Back now and it has turned hotter, we have now reached 18⁰C!!  So pirate is having a siesta, our lone swallow is chattering on the line and after blogging I shall get on with quilting.

I was hunting for my quilting needles yesterday and found a pack that I had bought in NZ..unlike here, a pack of household needles includes ones for quilting!!


When it is cooler I hope to finish the outside painting on the workshop.


I think the plant in the grassy field may be Dodder?


A friend has remembered it..red bartsia, partly lives on grass roots and partly its own, in poor soils.

2 comments:

Debby said...

I noticed that when I was staying up later, getting up earlier, it was a surefire guarantee to decreased productivity. I'm also trying to reset my clock. It's hard to do when it is so hot and sticky though.

Joanne Noragon said...

I decided, if I wake up before the alarm, an hour or less, say, I need to get up. No use trying to squeeze any purpose out of that last hour.