Thursday 4 August 2022

Unfinished projects

 This week has been quite satisfying.

Mending mountain demolished bar one item needing bias binding.

A huge suitcase full of unneeded clothes taken to the charity shop.

Painting started on the workshop exterior.

Shetland wool mitts finished knitting.


You can see how little is left from 50g of yarn!  After supper I will hand wash them in hot soapy water to shrink them and felt them together to create a fabric. They will be far more hard wearing after that.

Now I am setting up a floor embroidery frame that I use for quilting

 I designed and started making a quilt in 1996.   Designed around the Eisteddfod being in Y Bala on the shores of Llyn Tegid.

The following year my marriage ended and in 1998 we moved to South Wales and work on it has been sporadic to say the least!!

I have got about halfway with quilting the centre....now I AM going to finish it!!!

Pirate returns tomorrow.....I hope he notices the improvement here!

6 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

How interesting. Before I developed BET and a bad shake I did a huge amount of handwork but I had never heard of that technique of shrinking.

Joanne Noragon said...

A lot accomplished, for sure, and to find a half done quilt! Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I’m a little envious—I have a pile of mending of my own to do but will wait for cooler weather.
Xo Fresca

molly said...


Comforting to know I'm not alone in sometimes taking years, nay, decades to finish a quilt!

Jenny Woolf said...

It is so satisfying to get rid of a whole load of stuff at the charity shop! I didn't realise you had to felt Shetland wool to make it hardwearing but it makes sense. I have a kind of instinct that says "don't boil wool" you see!

Zhoen said...

Lovely color, makes me want to hold them.