Saturday 9 July 2022

Summer?

 The sunshine has reached us!!

Steady progress on the cladding, but we need another long pallet...but there is no rush for that, thankfully. 

My next job is finish sanding the front doors ready to paint the outside.

To that end, Pirate hauled out a quarter of his shed, as the trestles were at the bottom...at the back!!

He is fed up of the after effects of covid. Not having his usual horsepower is one..but it is gradually improving. He isn't used to stopping for breaks before a job is finished!!

He always tells others " You are no longer in your 50s"....but that's how he thinks, himself.

While he sorts and reduces the contents, I have been busy too...


Now with 16 km to go on this day's stage of the Tour de France, we are doing 5 minutes work during the tv ads... and 10 minutes watching!

9 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

My son is hooked o the Tour - I have just watched the tennis final.

Zhoen said...

Beautiful harvest.

Joanne Noragon said...

I've behaved the same during an exciting ball game.

Susan Heather said...

We sympathize with Pirate and keep trying not to overdo it.

Avus said...

I can go along with Pirate's comment. The trouble is I have a 28 year old mind in an 83 year old body! But I discipline myself, if working, to do an hour's stint then have a "coffee break" for half an hour.

Steve Reed said...

All that fruit! Looking good!

Debby said...

I sense jam in your future...

Amy said...

Even 16ks is a long way to me, those cyclists must be mega fit

Sandy said...

I've not watched the tour in a long time, but we used to enjoy watching. I like how your watching and working inbetween. Sounds like you're making good headway with your projects. Your fresh fruit looks wonderful!!