Friday 24 May 2019

seeing and sorting

With one eye done, Pirate is already seeing more....dust, wrinkles, ageing...scaring himself by looking in the mirror!

But also things in the distance, shades of colours not just "green" fields.  Things that he'd also never notice as a driver, he is seeing as a passenger.

He has started reading again too, but has to slow down and not rush.

With reading, as with anything visual, the brain picks up signals quickly and links that to what it knows..so mistakes can occur!
Who remembers the cartoons by Haro, so sparing in line? You'd see it quickly then on a second look realise how much your brain had assumed.

Now we are having a second day at getting all the sheds' contents unmixed...it could be a long job!!

3 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

My brother in law had one cataract removed this past Monday. He thinks my sister has turned up the lights!

Fresca said...

That's great news about Pirate's eyesight.

I also appreciate hearing first-hand about health and aging so I know what I might expect when I get to that stage (I hope!). Thanks.

Jenny Woolf said...

I am glad that he is seeing again, and no doubt the world seems brighter and more colourful than it did before. So pleased to hear this.