Tuesday 22 October 2019

Apples!!

Back to garden work today, after beating the washing mountain into submission!
The grass was too wet, but luckily hadn't grown too much since last time!
Hedging was the order of the day, plus clearing grass moss and leaves from the patio by this part of the hedge. Pirate wielded the hedge trimmer while I picked up windfall apples plus a bag from the trees that should keep. A bagfull too of Japonica Quinces...not quite ripe but they will slowly ripen while I juice, dry, cook, freeze and bottle (can) my way through the apples!
This garden owner has money problems...but barter is good

7 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

So much hard work. Good luck.

smartcat said...

((o))

Elderberry-Rob said...

Japonica quinces are stirring something in distant memory, the scent, I think. Will be interested to see what you make with them. Maybe you can sell some of your concoctions at Christmas fayres or markets?

Zhoen said...

So much apples.

I would like to barter more.

Catalyst said...

Judy made a peach pie today but the peaches came from a store. Well, I suppose once upon a time they came from trees but we bought them in a store. :^D

Amy said...

You have been busy!

gz said...

Betty they aren't as nice as proper quinces, but they do make a good jelly and fruit cheese...and the seeds will help other fruit set in a jelly or jam, tied in a muslin and removed before potting.
I wouldn't sell my own preserves...too much red tape and kitchen not "to standard"