Saturday 5 September 2020

Producing

The pulp left after cordial making
Went in with some cooked crabapples from the freezer
And made Apple and Bramble with Elderberry fruit cheese
Our neighbour with the chooks has a plum tree....so I make jam..
Prunes..and another two pounds will be pickled.  Then we share the product!
At last I have found some Mason jars, and have got back to bottling/canning. It is a long time since I have done this, and with a different pan..getting back into practice now!
And the polytunnel is still going strong
It won't be long before the tomato plants come out and we can move some of the squash plants in, that are growing in crates.

The blueberries are ripening! Incentive to grow more of them.


 

11 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

You have been busy, so nice to have your own stuff to harvest and preserve.

Susan Heather said...

What a wonderful harvest. The store cupboard will be well stocked.

Joanne Noragon said...

Wow.

Cro Magnon said...

That all looks good. Our 2020 Tomato crop has been a disaster, today we don't have a single ripe Tomato in the house.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Fabulous post - I have read a lot of blurb that elderberry has properties that can work wonders with cold/flu virus and that it's being researched in Sweden; if only we had enough berries around here to make a supply like yours! It's pure gold. I love the smell of them cooking, also wondering what kind of dye the berries might make. I like the way you share with your neighbour.

Lettice said...

Self sufficient? A simple life, well lived, I applaud you.

LX

smartcat said...

((o))

Steve Reed said...

Wow! You're so industrious! I can barely drag myself to Waitrose to buy groceries, LOL!

gz said...

But Steve you work full time...even when I do my own art work,I do it here and no commute...and Waitrose is good! Their reduced fruit, veges and bread are worth buying and are decently reduced!!

Catalyst said...

My wife made blueberry muffins this morning but with berries purchased at a grocery store yesterday. Still, they were delicious!

gz said...

Cat we had the blueberries with nectarine and yoghurt on our porridge this morning!