Tuesday 9 February 2021

Trees

 We managed a lunchtime walk today, by which time I had got all the washing out or in, washing up cleared and frozen soup put on the kitchen bench to thaw...

We had no snow but it was very cold last night. I am not sure what we had here but it was -18C in Bannockburn. They had heavy snow in East and Central Scotland, but nothing here until we had a shower of those small dry snow pellets after our walk.

The sheets were lovely...a good hot wash and nearly dry on the line..ironing damp as they say. It makes a nice smell, freshly ironed sheets...


Then try and sit down to draw...no concentration. Perhaps I need to get up earlier and do the drawing first?!You will have to read the pictures from the bottom up! I never know when blogger will do that 😄













9 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Sounds like a good, productive day.

kjsutcliffe said...

the smell of air fresh sheets - wonderful x

Joanne Noragon said...

I haven't slept on freshly ironed sheets since childhood at my grandmother's.

Steve Reed said...

I've had that happen with Blogger too. There's some way to get around it involving uploading all the pics and then clicking them while holding down CTRL before adding to the blog -- you can probably Google it. I just upload one by one.

We're cold down here too, but not THAT cold!

Fresca said...

You're as cold as we in Minnesota!

Good for you for drawing! Making something helps me get through.

Debby said...

I know this will sound terribly judge-y and I apologize...but...You. Iron. Sheets. I suddenly feel very humble and embarassed. *wobbles away*

The bike shed said...

It is hard to concentrate (and focus) at the moment - plodding the lanes near Usk helps pass the time, but there's only so many times you can walk the same route. Maybe I should take up ironing too - on second thoughts...

Amy said...

You cant beat the fresh air smell on clean washing, ours goes on the line outside too.

gz said...

Debby, good, high thread count cotton sheets need ironing at "ironing damp"...as do linen ones but I can't afford them!! Bliss to slip between them ❤️