Thursday 8 July 2021

Dundee day out

 We had our weekly (weather permitting) trip to Dundee today.

As it was school holidays here it was a delay free drive for all of the 120+ miles up there.

It is a long drive, but we are trying to combine going there with doing other things.

Today was supposed to be picking up materials from a ceramic supplies company, but things hadn't got together in time.... hopefully next week.

We had three more riders today and it is good to see such a great facility being used.




We had our usual picnic late lunch before Perth on the way home, but the level of traffic and low standard of driving on the A9 gave us cause to turn away from the rat race through Bridge of Allan to Stirling. Let's have a look at the castle we thought.....

Only booked places in the car park....but the attendant said we could have a short break from driving...nice to find someone in a good mood! That called for a special treat, ice cream from the van!!

The Wallace Monument from the castle...it is a huge tower.

We did get a good view on our way out of town...


I think we would be better off having a day out by bus to Stirling and have a day there with a camera and drawing book....

8 comments:

Debby said...

I'm a little confused. You didn't bike all the way to Dundee, did you?

smartcat said...

((o))

Fresca said...

Ceramics supplies?
Does that mean we'll be seeing new pottery from you soon? I look forward to that!

The bike shed said...

I love outdoor cycle tracks - there is a great retro one in Carmarthen and one in Cardiff too. When my son raced we used to visit a load of them around the country - Reading, Brighton, Portsmouth, Birmingham... Good times.

gz said...

Debby no, by car to Dundee!
Bike Shed when was that?...I took my children around the tracks too...

The bike shed said...

Re racing with my son:
He was racing from around 2005 to 2011. He was a national and regional champion and just about everything else as a little junior under 10 and then again at under 12. He then rode on for some years but didn't race so much after his early teens. I found it hard when he stopped. We had been everywhere together on the UK road and track circuit - even to the Isle of Man - and I must have spent thousands of hours at Newport Velodrome. I have pictures - and memories - of him as a tiny boy riding the cols of the Tour de France, leaving me behind... It was actually why I started blogging - my first ever post was about his cycling

Steve Reed said...

Looks like an interesting outing!

gz said...

Bike shed we probably met!! My four were in Cc Cardiff and Maindy Flyers and I was a track commissaire as well..probably signed him on for events!!