Saturday 26 March 2022

Faversham

 Day off! After delivering a bunch of flowers to a cousin..who was out with her daughter so we missed her...we headed for Faversham and a picnic lunch on the recreation ground where Pirate used to race grass track on his bike.

Coming back was more of a problem...the M2 was jammed because of Operation Brock sorting lorries to Dover..and as roads and lanes have changed with newer big roads being put in, what should have been straight back on a lane ended up being via Whitstable and Canterbury!!  Still, we managed it and it was a good day.










All the street name signs are this style, white on blue enamel.



We were so lucky that it happened to be market day!

10 comments:

smartcat said...

I so enjoy your photos os the towns and places you visit.

Tom Stephenson said...

I love Faversham and have lived in Whitstable and Canterbury. I like Kent.

Tom Stephenson said...

Just to remind you, I rarely revisit anyone who moderates comments. I don't know what ghastly experiences you have had which pressing the delete button could not clear, but you must do as you wish like the rest of us I suppose.

Joanne Noragon said...

I love the covered alley.

Susan Heather said...

I don't think I have been to Faversham. It looks lovely. (Spellcheck wanted to change Faversham to Aftershave - go figure)

Amy said...

So did you buy anything at the markets? I like the look of that red post.

gz said...

Tom, just so.
I love it here Tom..but it is getting very very busy. Crowded even! Also the pollution levels are incredible, even up on the Minnis.

Susan it can be fun...just try typing in another language!!

Zhoen said...

Such a beautiful detour.

Sandy said...

Hogmarket lane...love the sign. So does that mean that back in the day, that is where hogs were bought and sold? Wonderful pictures. Looks and sounds like had a good day of exploring. YIPPEE on removing word verification, those things are so annoying. I don't use them on my blog either. Some people use them and still approve comments, that seems like over kill to me.

Peter said...

Delightful to tour with you (thanks to your lovely photos) from the other side of the world! Lots of love to you and the Pirate from us down here in NZ! P&Lxx