Monday 14 March 2022

Wet and windy

 A grey day


Today we were supposed to have been going to Glasgow for Pirate to ride the boards for an hour or two.

He isn't feeling happy as a cousin has just died...one younger than him...yesterday.

All sorts of niggly problems and other peoples' sadness gets to him...plus the state of the world.  How can humans be so awful to one another?

The car was packed and he did the usual check round... one soft rear tyre...go to our garage down the hill....no special lock nut opener....

The garaged pumped the tyre up hard...but we didn't make the trip, instead the car had a long overdue sort out. No widgit....back after lunch and leave the car for him to sort tomorrow morning! He makes sure that he keeps useful things like that from any car that gets scrapped...so,live in hope!!

I have done some house sorting while in the mood, making things more accessible in the kitchen and cutting clutter there and in the living room.

Neither are really good, yet, but it's work in progress!!  I can't be too drastic as that would really stress out Pirate!!!!

Now after a cuppa I must head to my study and think what needs doing to get back to doing craft/artisan fairs and markets.  I have a form to fill in,but no point doing that until everything else is ready.  Its been ten years since I did the last proper market selling.

Now I need to make signs and display units and think how I can present everything.

A proper challenge, but a constructive and creative one. A step in the right direction.

9 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Hugs for the Pirate, I have a dear friend - similar age, and he has niggles and worries and feeling stressed with the rubbish going on, I agree, how can humans be so awful to each other?
I don't envy you (yet I do) getting ready for fayres and stalls, I found it both stressful and ebullient making in equal measure. good luck xx
(You may already have one - but having a card reader makes taking payments much more successful)

The Weaver of Grass said...

The thing about those sort of jobs is that they are so satisfying after you have done them so well done.

Joanne Noragon said...

Getting ready for a show! The season begins long before it begins.

Elderberry-Rob said...

((o))

Tasker Dunham said...

((o)) What a good idea!
Those lock nuts are a pain in the ...

Steve Reed said...

Is that an avocado on your windowsill?

gz said...

Yes it is Steve!
Pirate is now into indoor growing!! Just bought me an orchid with Mother's Day as an excuse 😄

Debby said...

My condolences to Pirate. It is tough to lose those close to us...tougher yet to deal with it when they are younger.

Amy said...

I guess you never know when you're gonna go aye? Important to live each day like it was the last