Tuesday 20 June 2023

Moth! And a steady day



 Another pretty moth that got disturbed..it should look a bit darker gingery brown..it was sitting on black plastic....so you get the idea.

Today I listed more items on fleabay..and sold a vintage saddle almost straight away!

Luckily I checked before going into town so I could pack it and go! 

First stop was to take some plants to our friend who looked after our tender houseplants over winter. It was good to have a good old natter, and just her and me and no Pirate there for a change!

Then parcel posting and paying money into my savings account....all the change I get apart from £1 and £2 coins goes into a money box until there is enough to pay in...you can't just pay in any amount now. The set amounts can be weighed in seconds..so that makes sense for the bank.

Back to the garden centre on the way home. I looked at the water butts.....£60...no way!!

But a plus to balance that...they have a Waitrose deli in the garden centre...I found two boxes of eggs, three vege pizzas and a litre of milk....all nicely reduced. Then an impulse buy by the till...something that most of our friends had in NZ, a fly repellant...simply two soft plastic blades which spin and deter flies from landing. Not only does it do that well, it manages to move the air a little...just enough...to make sitting indoors a little more comfortable.

While I was out, Pirate mowed the grass where we do mow it...not all at once, he is getting sensible in his old age!!  I was glad that we could put most of the cut grass on the compost heap, the rest which has Mare's Tail in it went in our green waste bin which gets collected on Friday with the recycling collections.

I think with the discomfort of his symptoms, Pirate may just be inching towards choosing to have the Big Op....it is a hard choice, and only he can make it. However he is due to discuss matters again before too long..so we shall see.  He wants my birthday over...and his younger daughter's in October. I hope that leaving decisions that long won't be too long.

If they do scan him again to see how Charlie the Tumour is growing...that will give him an idea of what and when....

6 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

The last paragraph took my breath away. I lost my words. The best to you.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thinking of you both - those sort of decisions are hard to make and are there in the background all the time aren't they?

Fresca said...

Beautiful moth—could almost be pottery.
What a smart idea, that fly repellent.
Hard choices Pirate faces… Not to mow the grass all at once—good one!

Avus said...

I am thinking of you both too and admire the way you are dealing with what must be a dreadful time.

I had my big operation for prostate cancer 25 years ago and never dreamed i would live this long afterwards.

molly said...


I'm intrigued - What is mare's tail? And Good luck to your pirate - fingers crossed!

gz said...

Molly look up equisetum..a plant that as sixty foot trees provided much of the bulk of what became the Carboniferous Coal Measures....