Saturday 13 January 2024

A muddy trip

At Callander House, Falkirk..we went to watch our Fife friend racing the Cyclo-cross British national championships 

Pirate and our Fife friend..almost exactly twenty years difference in age

 Great mates.

Pirate got muddy feet looking after the spare bike in the pits..and shouted himself hoarse as we had a clubmate and a couple of other friends in the same race!

I escaped for an hour of me time..looking round the exhibition in the house..usually there are two as well as the history exhibitions about Falkirk and the Antonine Wall which is in the park in front of the house.

Then taking a few photos during the race.

Pirate is not angry about his diagnosis..a trifle pissed off, but he is determined to keep doing what he wants to.

He needs to allow me more Me time though, so that I can cope....

9 comments:

Tom said...

...yep, keep doing!

Fresca said...

I just read yesterday’s post and today’s—it sounds hard that there wasn’t clear thorough communication earlier—I’m sorry you and Pirate have to cope with that.
I can see that “Me time” is part of coping well (it is for me too)!
Sending love…

Catalyst said...

💘

Red said...

Pirate wants to keep active and fight the beast. He needs encouragement.

JayCee said...

I hope that you both find your own ways of coping and supporting each other. xx

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad you took some "me" time -- because while you're supporting him, you also have to take care of yourself. As you know.

I didn't go to Callandar House when I went to Falkirk. Is it a museum? Somehow we missed that!

gz said...

Steve definitely if you get another chance to head far North enough, do go.
History of Falkirk, Industrial history of the area plus usually two art exhibitions...and the Antonine Wall!!

Susan said...

Staying active and involved is best for all. "Me" time is critical. It will serve you well. If you choose to research medical topics, consider: PUBMED (National Library of Medicine) online or UPTODATE online. Both databases show publications by MD's. When searching enter date delimiters as you want current thinking.

Aimz said...

Sounds like you both had a great day though, I'd be like you looking around the exhibition. Pirate has a good attitude too.