Tuesday 16 January 2024

Indoor day

 


There hasn't been a lot of snow here, mostly the icing sugar variety..and this afternoon fine cold rain. Not what we want before tonights freeze.

Pirate splashed out ....he is an old softie...


He is cutting about an inch off the stems every day..so now they have gone from a Doug Fitch jug to one of my puzzle jugs vintage 1997.

Yesterday we saw our doctor who looked at the MRI results from last May...only T3 then....so what we remember was confirmed at least. He had full spectrum blood tests...and got the results today over the phone just before the district nurse visited.

All normal, even PSA minimal as it was about six years ago..so the radiotherapy in June worked....pulling Charlie back from his prostate...

Only the iron levels a bit low, which is easy to sort. 

So he is a healthy man with a wee problem ๐Ÿ˜„ well...not so wee...but just the one!

I have been researching a Campagnolo chainring that I am to sell for our Fife friend...I have narrowed it down to post 1978....when they put Brev instead of patent. Especially as it appears unridden, even if it might have been on a set of cranks briefly, getting the model correct could mean double the value..

Now we are waiting for the clubmate who is using my best track bike to arrive. Pirate is organising a new bottom bracket for her, so her cranks need to be sent away to match with the correct angled spindle...and she is borrowing another set of cranks until the others return.

She is doing really well..so this is long term planning towards her riding the masters world track championship in Roubaix in October.

And while I wait, sorting which books to put on fleabay. I listed this set last night...


9 comments:

Tom said...

...it's always good to receive welcomed medical new!

kjsutcliffe said...

Oh that's good news! Wonderful ๐Ÿ˜Š and those roses are lovely๐Ÿ˜Š

Seems I can comment when using my cellphone, I have no words?!?

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh my, I didn't know there were 6 books in Auel's series. I remember how stunning the first one was when it came out.

Catalyst said...

Oh my, Jean Auel! How many of her books did we sell once-upon-a-time? She was a best seller then though I don't think I ever read any of her Cave Bear stuff.

Susan said...

The red roses are beautiful and your jug suits them very well. That is great a prognosis from the doc. Your friend working toward the masters world track championship is very exciting.

Red said...

I've read the Jean Auel books and really liked her stories.

Frex said...

Finally, good news for Pirate! And you! Excellent. Roses are called for.

Susan Heather said...

Good news that Pirate is healthy apart from the one problem. Fingers crossed for something positive on that.

gz said...

The positive is that Pirate only has one problem... unfortunately that is not going to get any better