Wednesday 24 January 2024

One step forward ....

 Pirate hasn't been having a good day today. 

At least he has finished fitting the new bottom bracket on the track bike and my clubmate collected it this evening. It took longer than it would have normally..but if you aren't feeling 100%, that's how it goes. I had the job of being the bike support while he worked....not my thing...I hate standing or sitting and doing nothing but holding something!!

So all the other plans were left. That's ok.  Hopefully our doctor will get back to him as he called by the surgery and left a message.


I looked at Pirate's new phone...and one of his old phones, same make...

The old one is far more ergonomic...just needed a slightly bigger screen....

The new one does, however, have room for two SIM cards....now that would be good when travelling abroad....as Yer Actual (fellow blogger) commented. He has three phones...one a French one as that is needed for doing anything in France!!



Anyone getting spam customers on fleabay? Just when I was getting on ok....at least I didn't sell them anything...and fleabay spotted them at the same time as I did. Reported and blocked.

11 comments:

Tom said...

...on my blog, I haven't had spam in ages!

Catalyst said...

I just a post from a friend of mine this morning showing his favorite phone of all time: a Blackberry! I never had one but I'd think those tiny buttons would have been too much for my old fingers.

angela said...

Two sims sounds like an excellent idea. While was was away I changed to a local sim and the whole time I was worried about losing my Aussie one.
Hope you get some news quickly from th doctor

Will said...

I was a long-time Blackberry user, and even for my chunky fingers the keys were fine. And having a real keyboard made using it for email really easy. I still have my last Blackberry (a Z10 touchscreen model) with a couple of apps that I still use, even though I am now firmly in Android land.

Tom Stephenson said...

Those old Nokias were great. Drug dealers still use them here.

gz said...

Will the support for Blackberry phones finished last year.
I never had one, but middle son, our computer geek, did. I liked the idea. They may be unusable within a year, which is sad.

Will said...

Meaningful support on Blackberry's ceased several years ago and the browser gave up working. However, it is still a useful 3G mobile phone, and the email function still works fine across three different accounts (better in some respects stil to GMail). The real downside now is battery life, and replacement batteries are non-existent.

kjsutcliffe said...

My other half's fav cellphone was his Nokia, he would not upgrade and held on to it until it's dying day. We managed to get a much more modern one for a birthday and after his initial reluctance has now taken to it.
Hugs (gentle ones) to Pirate, hope he feels a little better todayxx

gz said...

Thanks Will for updating my knowledge

Debby said...

I don't sell, but when I tried to buy, I ran into TWO of them. I reported them, but got the idea that I'm better of making purchases in person.

Hope that the doctor gets back to you. You both are in my thoughts daily.

Pam said...

I have nothing to say about phones but hope that the doctor gets in touch, and is helpful.