Saturday 27 April 2024

Gardening

 

Started...hoed between the garlic and I will do a little mowing to get a mulch ( thanks Dave)

I was given a full tray of lettuce seedlings..I  think neighbour showed a whole packet...I gave a clump away this afternoon and have potted up six more clumps.

Now to find a home for the rest!


Paperwork proceeds. I have started the closing down of Pirate's phone , and saved £5 a month on my tariff. ( A different company)

I think that I have notified all official that I need to...and the subscriptions.

It has been such a fine day that I just ended up starting the day taking a car full to the cowp and returned with 4 bags of free compost....and apart from phone sorting and a visitor for afternoon tea ..I have been outside!!

I should be upstairs sorting through papers and photos.....

16 comments:

JayCee said...

It's hard to get motivated to sit upstairs sorting through paperwork when the sun is shining outside.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good to hear you're gardening. A worthy pursuit.

jabblog said...

Make the most of fine weather when it presents - sorting is a wet weather project.

Tom said...

...I bought some onion plants this morning. Free is a good price for compost.

northsider said...

I like the raised beds GZ. I am giving my lettuce to my rabbits because I have a glut of lettuce plants. I will only sow 6 at a time in future. The rabbits like my organic chemical free fresh lettuces.

Fresca said...

Oh my, gardening is a lot of work/-and so is death and its aftermath.
Glad to think of you able to start planting new lettuce/ life

Tasker Dunham said...

I've given up on growing lettuce. The sparrows peck them to shreds. I guess they are just trying to eat a healthy diet.

angela said...

Getting your hands dirty helps keep you grounded and distresses you. So it’s a good thing you are doing.
Not only your going to get food but it helps keep you balanced. Just do a little a day I say. It will all get done in the end

Susan Heather said...

Good that you are getting work done in the garden, good for the body and mind. It sounds as though you are getting on well with the official stuff also.

Susan said...

Being outside in the garden is always my first choice as well. Paperwork is fine and best on a rainy day.

Joanne Noragon said...

Or you should be outside planting, until the evening.

Bovey Belle said...

I am glad you got out in the garden - a shame to waste a good bit of weather. The paperwork and photos will get done when it rains. I shoved my garlic in a long planter this year, so no need to weed that. Enough to weed with the rest of the garden!

gz said...

It is good to be out.. although it is near freezing!
But the photos have to be chosen for publication and display

smartcat said...

Getting outside when the sun is shining is most important. Papers aren't going anywhere. It sounds like you have enough gray weather to make up for time in the sun.

Katerinas Blog said...

Everything will be done.
You will get organized and get them done!
Have a nice week

Jeanie said...

Dirt Therapy is very important! The paperwork is always there - and there and there and there and whats more, more will keep on finding you.