Friday, 9 October 2026

Dragons...and rain....and fire

 Heavy sharp showers today after a rainy night then pleasant morning. You can see the next eave of rain approaching!



and when I got there it was bright sunshine!

Conversations in French today, learning some phrases that don't get into an ordinary dictionary. 

I wonder if there is a French phrase dictionary? ( of the polite one anyway!!!)

It is a special book week in the library, ad half term here starts on Monday..



I must go back and hunt down the others!!

There was also a display  in the reference library about the fire service here and its history. There were three personnel when I arrived...and they agreed that they needed a "stop press" board...

Over the past five years we have lost a number of buildings that gave Ayr history and character.

Yesterday it was the turn of Hourstons department store.

Empty for a while, but apparently plans approved for its development and use while retaining its character and history.

The first photograph was by someone who happened to be in a nearby fairly tall building...they reported the fire first...Now tell me how a fire starts on the top floor ???

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love the wee dragon!

Debby said...

🤔 The question begs an answer. Is it being investigated? I hope you will keep us updated. I am curious.

angela said...

Yup sounds very suspicious to me too.
At least they are keeping the outside authentic. Well I hope so. I loved all the old buildings in Scotland. Especially Glasgow and Edinburgh

Amy said...

hmmm arson or electrical maybe? Who knows? have a nice weekend.