Friday 29 January 2010

Pottery Progress!

The kiln flue is connected, now needs a final clean from inside the kiln.

I used an old unused kiln shelf for the damper.

I can fire now so long as the workshop door is open!! I'm sure that a hole in the wall for the gas pipe will not be a huge problem, thankfully.

The Oily One has been welding, assisting our friend Richard with constructing a pot rack.
This is made from half an old kiln frame (one side) using all four castors from the kiln.

Hey Presto, one movable pot rack with room for twelve wareboards with eight inch gaps.

3 comments:

Earthenwitch said...

I am SO JEALOUS that I can barely speak. A kiln! A KILN!

mrsnesbitt said...

I would love to do some pottery but my patience does not extend to such new horizons, I will stick to my stationery! Still jealous though! Do you sell yours?

gz said...

Just starting again, in the Usk Farmers' Market- first Saturday every month. Also Llantarnam Grange Arts Centre Shop (Cwmbran) and online to fellow downsizers on www.downsizer.net.

It is such a stuttery start, but I have no cap[ital to push it forwards again (yet!!)